Tranquil Nature Videos Reduce Stress
For Law Enforcement
In appreciation for the dedication, service, and sacrifice firefighters have made for our communities, Dream Chaser On Demand humbly offers 10% discounts to law enforcement on all our services. Please send us an email for details. Contact Us
According to the National Alliance of Mental Health Illness:
- “Nearly 1 in 4 police officers has thoughts of suicide at some point in their life.
- The suicide rate for police officers is four times higher than the rate for firefighters.
- In the smallest departments, the suicide rate for officers increases to almost four times the national average.
- More police die by suicide than in the line of duty. In 2017 there were an estimated 140 law enforcement suicides.
- Compared to the general population, law enforcement report much higher rates of depression, PTSD, burnout, and other anxiety related mental health conditions.”
Managing the stress, anxiety, and pressure of being in law enforcement poses many challenges for police officers and their family members. For retired law enforcement, transitioning to civilian life is equally as difficult. Some of these challenges include:
- High stress, anxiety, depression, and PTSD
- Physical and mental exhaustion
- Low pay, part-time and shift work
- Pressures of court work
- Long hours and unpredictable schedules
- Repeated exposure to traumatic incidents
- Being the focus of public attention and criticism
- Financial security
- Family pressures
- High rates of physical injuries
- Maintaining good health
- Unexpected expenses
- Substance abuse
Being exposed to nature helps law enforcement with their self-esteem and their sense of self-worth. The psychological effects of traumatic experiences are PTSD, survivor’s guilt, depression, and inclinations towards substance abuse and addiction.
Many clinical studies show that regular contact with nature reduces stress hormones like cortisol which will lower the risk for serious long-term health problems and diseases, including Anxiety, Addiction, Depression, Suicide, Digestive problems, Chronic Headaches, Heart disease, Sleep disorders, social anxiety, weight gain, and concentration impairment.
Dream Chaser on Demand provides the ideal solution for bringing the healing power of nature to law enforcement. Research has proven that long-term exposure to nature whether it is directly or visually has a very powerful positive effect on a person’s stress-response system.
Dream Chaser on Demand provides the ideal solution for bringing the healing power of nature to law enforcement.
Subscribe now and start feeling the healing power of nature right in your home.
Click on the following link. Law Enforcement Subscriptions start at $9.99 per month